Last Friday was Australia Day. It's a big event in Whistler where a lot of young Aussies work during the winter. They say one of every five people living there are Australian. They love to ski and party! The Canadian Government loosened the visa/work program which makes it much easier for them to stay in Canada. I've enjoyed reading about the events in Whistler last weekend. The party started on Thursday which of course was the actual day with the time change.
I've heard the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canadian governments are looking at free movement between these commonwealth countries after the exit from the EU. It would be great if this happens!
Day 13 - Riding Out Hurricane Simon — Or So We Thought and now an earthquake at our next port!
We were still in Cabo San Lucas when the news came through: Simon had officially become a hurricane. Not long after, the captain’s voice...
-
This is the time of year when everyone entertains and your weight can really escalate. Cec and I have been watching our weight since March....
-
I love researching famous women in history. I knew them all but three. Sacagawea: Sacagawea was a Lemhi Shoshone woman who, at age 1...
-
I use Wikipedia all the time. I never knew the story behind it. The fact Jimmy Wales set this up as a non-profit shows what an incredible ...




