Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Did expect this!

Our townhouse is 18 years old.  We've replaced every appliance except our refrigerator.  Our refrigerator was new with our townhouse.  I've been saying, "we should get a new refrigerator before it goes".  Of course, husband didn't agree.  Yesterday when I went to make dinner and noticed things weren't as cold as they should be.  I opened the freezer and the stuff on the top was just starting to thaw, my ice was still frozen but obviously this baby is toast!

Thanks to my brother-in-law who came to the rescue with his large freezer and has lots of room in his fridge, I managed to salvage most of the fresh food.

We go away in two days.  We started looking at refrigerators last night after dinner and today we will order a new one for delivery when we get home.  I am surprised this fridge lasted as long as it did.  Appliances nowadays don't last like they did in the 60's!   

Some nice thoughts for Friday