Monday, July 8, 2024

An answer to all the rumours!

I first heard about a new South Surrey Costco many years ago.  One of Dave's friends worked for Telus and said they put in the telecommunication lines for a new Costco off 18th Avenue by the Hwy. 99.  I know the land well, it's close to Superstore.  We heard the City of Surrey, with Mayor McCallum wouldn't accept the development proposal unless Costco paid for an exit off Hwy 99!  Costco said no, and the property has been vacant for years!  Then this just appeared on the property!


969 parking spots and a gas bar!  Let's hope the new council approves this application.  There are a lot of new homes in that area.  They would have to widen the roads. There isn't a public hearing, but I will be following this closely!  We really need a new Costco in Surrey/Cloverdale/White Rock!

I went to the Langley Costco last Saturday.  I got there at 8:20 AM as I heard they open early.  It opened at 8:30 (website says 9:00) and there were so many people in the lineup, we sat in the car and waited. When we got in line at 8:35, there were no more parking spots and it isn't suppose to open until 9. By the time I finished, the lineup for cashiers was past the clothes area.  Everyone was in queue and it moved fast.  The place is unbelievable.  

Cheryl and I take turns Costco shopping.  Since COVID, I've been getting her groceries when I go, and she gets mine when she goes.  I only go there once a month at most.  The other good time is 2:30 PM when parents are doing after school pickup or when the hockey play offs are on.  Of course those days are gone now until fall. 

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...