Friday, July 26, 2024

Devastating fire in Jasper & great news from Princess Cruises!

I was sickened to watch the news showing the devastating fire in Jasper.  I've been to Jasper many times and it's the most beautiful place in Canada.  When my brother-in-law, Richard was in university, he spent every summer working in Banff.  For years I've heard him tell the stories of the university students in Banff going to Jasper to find girls!  I remember my trips to Jasper too.  We've wanted to book the Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper, but keep putting it off.  I'm sure many people have great memories of this beautiful place.  Let's hope it gets rebuilt faster than our provincial government has treated the town of Lytton!  It's been three years and very little has been rebuilt!

Some great news from Princess Cruises!  In 2026, the brand new Star Princess will sail to Alaska.  The Lions Gate Bridge has low clearance and the larger ships can only sail underneath at low tide.  Seymour Narrows would also be difficult for this large ship to navigate so Seattle will be the port city.  It will sail in from Seattle on September 20, 2026 for a 7 day Alaska cruise but will end in Vancouver.  Sounds like a nice cruise to plan!




Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...