Thursday, August 29, 2024

I'm back home!

I never told anyone what I was doing as I didn't want to spoil it.  In 1980, I went to a filming of Let's Make a Deal in West Vancouver.  I got zonked and won three piglets.  They gave me $75 for the little piggies.  I went back to Let's Make a Deal around 2010 with Cheryl to a Los Angeles taping after departing a repositioning cruise. This time I did a lot better went for the big deal.  I didn't get the big deal but I did get a dining room table, a fireplace that looked like a TV and a full set of Lennox china with cutlery and gorgeous wine glasses.  It was worth over US$6500.00.

Before COVID, Cheryl and I went back for a short trip and she won US$5,000.00 cash!  It was a lot of fun.  At a family dinner, Lexie asked if Cheryl and I would take her to Let's Make A Deal as she's now 19 and able to get into the studio.  She applied online.  Now, they ask for a story about your life.  Where you live, what you do for a living and an interesting fact about yourself.

On Tuesday, August 20th, Lexie got a call from the casting department asking her if she could be at the studio on Tuesday, August 27 at 12:00 PM.  Of course we said yes.  We went as the three pigs!

We went through security and entered the studio.  Lots of people all dressed in costumes.


We met so many lovely people.  Everyone was excited and a lot of fun.  While I can't say much, I will say Lexie was selected and you will have to watch the show to see what happens.  It is tentative to be shown on Monday, January 13th.  It could change but when we know it will be broadcast I will put it on my blog.

We flew to Los Angeles on Monday, took an Uber to Glendale, stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites right across the street from Galleria Mall!  It was a great place to stay.  Yesterday our Uber came at 6:30 AM and we drove the Los Angeles freeway in rush hour to LAX!  

It was a wonderful "girls" trip and it was so much fun to watch Lexie!  Wayne Brady is a gentleman and he was really nice to her off camera.  
One very excited girl!


Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...