Thursday, September 26, 2024

Travel Tips & Tricks and a packing demonostration


Years ago I did a luggage packing demonstration.  I was in a Business Administration public speaking course I needed to speak in front of the other students to complete my program.  I made it a comedy routine and everyone loved it.  It was a 10 minute presentation and I didn't prepare anything, I just winged it.  When I was running out of content, I said to the instructor "how much time have I got left".  She said "oh my goodness, you've gone on for 20 minutes"!

My postal friend Sharon volunteers at the Langley Food Bank.  Every month they have a luncheon for all the volunteers.  They always have a speaker.  Sharon asked me if I would give a travel talk and I said yes!   

Laurie Haliburton and I worked together at Pacific Western Airlines years ago.  Laurie worked in lost luggage and she does luggage packing demos too.  I asked if she would help me so Laurie and I went to Fort Langley and met the most wonderful volunteers.  After having a lovely lunch we did our 45 minute presentation.  It was fun!

On our way home we got a parking spot at Langley Costco!  It was pouring rain and now I know to go to Costco in a rain storm.  When we were leaving there were no lineups at the gas bar and gas was $1.589!  What a great way to finish off a lovely afternoon.




Leaving on a jet plane

                                All my bags are packed                                    I'm ready to go                               ...