Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Nice to be home

I love going away, but it's always niceto come home.  We got off the ship at exactly 8:00 AM, at our departure time.  We carried out luggage off, no wait at customs and we took the elevator to the street level and ordered our Uber.  The pick up place is the Fairmont Waterfront and he came in 2 minutes in a new Toyota Sienna.  Great driver and we were home by 9:10!  

We came home and Cec said the blueberries have been picked.  He blamed the birds.  My wonderful neighbour, Nancy, cut some of our rhubarb and left a rhubarb coffee cake on my freezer.  I sent her quick thank you by text message.  She immediately replied "look in your freezer"!  When I did, she'd picked our blueberries and put them in 2 cup packages!  What a wonderful neighbour!   Thank you Nancy!

I'll attach some of our pictures as I couldn't do it when we were on board.

Lovely sail-away under the Lions Gate Bridge

Ballroom - the dance floor was well used on our cruise

The only cruise line I've been on that puts a kettle, tea, coffee, creamers and cookies in your room!

Ice sculpture on a Gala Night.  One of many!

Afternoon Tea every day at 3:00 PM.  Cunard has the nicest tea and I've sailed on a lot of cruises

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...