Monday, July 22, 2024

Day 11 - At Sea

It's our last day!  Lots of great activities.  We went to Trivia, saw the wonderful guitarist in the Ballroom and enjoyed Tom Franek in the Royal Court Theatre.  Tom was less comedian and more pianist.  He started out playing Roll Out The Barrel and played many great pieces, both classical and popular.  His personality is awesome.  Some songs he changed the lyrics and it was very funny.

We've had a wonderful cruise.  We met many people from around the world.  Every UK person I met, I asked if they watched Coronation Street. Some were never and others, -- years ago but I got fed up with it.  Too funny.  We met some lovely couples from Vancouver and hopefully we will get together for lunch or dinner.  

We were assigned Aqua 2 to disembark the ship.  We always take out own luggage off in Vancouver.  The disembarkation list said if you want to get off on your own, you need to register.  Register?  We've never done that but I went to the Purser's Office as instructed.  Yes, he put all our information in the computer.  I asked "what if I didn't come down?".  He said "you would have waited until Aqua 2 was called".  I'm glad I read the instructions!

Next year the Queen Elizabeth is porting out of Seattle so I doubt we will sail with her.  Maybe we'll do one in Europe or Canada/New England.  I love Cunard.  It's a huge step up from Holland America, Princess, Royal Caribbean and NCL.  You also pay more.  You get what you pay for.  Cunard does everything classier.  The dinners were tastier and the employees are amazing.  I will miss the crew we had on this cruise, they were amazing! 

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...