Friday, July 5, 2024

Refrigerators!

Two days before our last vacation, my refrigerator stopped working.  I was thankful it happened before we left because if I came home to a stopped fridge in the summer, it wouldn't be pretty.  My fridge was 18 years old.  It's moaned for 5 years and I kept telling the other half, we need to replace it.  Of course he said "wait until it goes".  

The salesman I got my new fridge from said "they only last 10 years now".  My mom had a fridge for years.  My friend Myrna still has her fridge and it's really old.  I believe she bought it in the 50's!   She reads my blog, so Myrna please let me know how old your fridge is.  I am so jealous.  

1960's refrigerator

I had one of these when I was first married.  I wish I knew how long it lasted, but I sold my house so I'll never know.  I bet it lasted over 20 years.  I remember those shelves that turned around!  

I miss the egg and butter containers.  Where did they go to?  My new fridge has wi-fi.  My stove has wi-fi too.  My oven sent me a message telling me it needed cleaning.  I hadn't used it yet, so I blocked it!  I am not setting up wi-fi on my new fridge.  Forget the wi-fi and give me an egg and compartment to keep my butter!


Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...