Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Stevie Cameron

Stevie Cameron was an investigative journalist.  I hadn't heard of her until she released her book "On the Take".  It was a story about the Mulroney years.  I got the book day it was released and I had trouble putting it down.  I remember thinking to myself "she is going to get sued for the accusations she made against our former prime minister".  

I remember reading it at my hair dresser, under the dryer.  That was a long time ago and I was so shocked and upset, I slammed it shut and never finished it.  I waited for the law suits; they never happened.  Stevie Cameron was an investigative journalist who obviously got it right!  It should still be in the library if you want to read it.  I gave my copy away to another Conservative friend.



She continued to write a lot of other books including "On the Farm", the tragic story of the murders of women taken from the Vancouver downtown east side to Willie Pickton's pig farm in Port Coquitlam.

Stevie Cameron's credentials also included working as a contributing editor of Maclean's magazine from 1993 to 2001.  She was also the host of The Fifth Estate on CBC in the early 1990's.  In 2012 she was awarded the Order of Canada.

Stevie Cameron passed away in Toronto last Saturday.  She was 80 years old.  

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...