Thursday, September 19, 2024

Tupperware

 

Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have supplied American and Canadian houses with great storage containers.

I went to my first Tupperware party with my mom in the 1950's.  I will always remember the presenter as she was really funny.  We watched her "burp" her containers and my mom purchased some great Tupperware.

In 1974, I went to a Tupperware party and the presenter talked me into becoming a presenter.  I had to buy the "kit" which was a great selection of Tupperware.  I still have some of it today.  I sold it for a few months.  I was a stay at home mom and it was fun to get out.  Unfortunately most of the homes I went to served wine and goodies.  Some nights I would enjoy the wine a little too much.  As much as I loved the product and enjoyed the wine, I decided I would enjoy an office job more so I stopped.  

Over the years I've attended many parties.  I have a lot of Tupperware and it was expensive, but the quality was fantastic!  Karyn Stitch was the host of the last party I had at my home.  She did an awesome job and you could always get new lids for ones you've lost or destroyed them in the dishwasher.  

There are so many other containers, but none of them are the quality of Tupperware.  I will miss going to these fun get togethers.

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...