Monday, October 14, 2024

Pam, Julienne, Kayla and Amy-Leigh's Alaska adventure!

Over 15 years ago I decided to get into the business of booking travel.  I'd worked for an airline so I knew a lot about airline travel and travel in general.  We started travelling as soon as Cheryl was able to be taken on a flight.  We were so fortunate because the airline benefits gave us vacations we couldn't normally afford.  

I've love helping people in their travels.  I like to give them tips about cruising and am even happier when I hear from them while on their vacation.  I like to connect after too.

20 years ago, I needed surgery and seven months off work.  My employer had to hire a replacement for me.  Pam Kemps was my replacement and we've been friends ever since.  She left Ritchie Bros. after the birth of her second daughter and now lives in Courtenay.  She texted me and asked if I would book a trip for her, her mom and two sisters.  Mom Julienne and Kayla live in Moose Jaw, Amy-Leigh lives in Cloverdale and Pam lives in Courtenay.  Mom wanted to get the girls together and do a family cruise!

They booked the Koningsdam to Alaska in September.  Pam was in Vancouver visiting her mom who was house sitting in Crescent Beach and asked me to visit them last week.  It was a lovely visit with Pam, Julienne and Amy-Leigh.  Pam emailed me these pictures of their trip and I thought I would share them.


Pam, Julienne (mom) Amy-Leigh and Kayla

Enjoying afternoon tea!

Ketchikan

Kayaking fun

Red Dog Saloon - a must see in Juneau

Train ride in Skagway

A martini on the deck.  Looks like Vancouver at sail away!
My favorite cruises have been when we went with Cheryl, Dave and Lexie for our 45th and 50th wedding anniversary.  Our 60th is coming up in a couple of years, maybe it's time to book another one for our family!

Leaving on a jet plane

                                All my bags are packed                                    I'm ready to go                               ...