Sunday, May 31, 2020

Mary's Garden


My favorite organic farm market in South Surrey opened last week.  I went yesterday for the first time this season.  I was concerned about social distancing as it's small inside.  It was raining when I got there and it wasn't busy at all and it was mid day Saturday!   They have senior shopping hour early, but I wasn't that organized.

There was a place to line up but there was no line.  The sign said 10 people at a time in the store.  There were only two other people in the store.  It was well marked with arrows, and they'd roped it off so you couldn't cheat and go down the up aisle!  So nice to see it well organized.  I get frustrated at Save On Foods when people go up the down aisle.  


Their soil is very black and they never use pesticides

A wheel barrel full of romaine, grown right outside!

The selection is awesome and it's been family run since 1966
I bought Mary's own romaine and radishes.  They are carrying local organic nugget potatoes from Heppell's Farm that's a few miles away.   The other produce is mostly from BC hot house, except for the lemon and bananas that were imported.   The potatoes will be delicious with the mint from my herb garden!

I'll have to try Heppell's Farm produce when I'm out and about.

Meridian Farm Market

Now I know what to take!

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...