Sunday, September 15, 2024

Butter

 


I don't eat a lot of butter, but when I go to Bellingham Costco, I buy Kerrygold Irish butter for Cheryl and Dave.  Cheryl said "once you try Irish butter, you will never eat Canadian or American butter again"!  

I buy Kirkland brand American butter from Costco.  It's cut into quarters and nicely wrapped.  We don't use a lot of butter and when I bring it home, I freeze it.  I just read a lot of interesting Facebook posts from Canadians saying Canadian butter is not easily spread, there are problems melting it, and how some butter goes mouldy!

Here is a Facebook post I found interesting:

I buy the salted butter from Costco and leave one in the cupboard, I never put butter in the fridge. Butter is always in the cupboard, summer or winter no matter the weather. it softens a bit and it doesn’t go moldy that fast …mind you butter doesn’t last long in my house. Butter just like farm fresh eggs, they do not require to be in the fridge. Superstore no name butter is pretty good, save on foods no name butter is good too. It’s also very simple to make your own butter. I also freeze butter to every time I go I buy 2-3 and freeze it.

Butter spreading and melting quality changes are because of palm oil being fed to cows!   I found this article quite interesting:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-dairy-farmers-palm-fat-hard-butter-1.5927559

I will try Kerrygold and see how different the taste is.  

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...