Monday, September 16, 2024

Telus, really 8 phone calls after going to your website?

I got a call from Rogers/Shaw to say my TV/Internet/Home phone contract is coming due.  They emailed me an offer that I will accept.  The price has gone up $7.00 and I'm getting a better internet speed, more TV channels and a $75 bill credit.

Before I made this decision, I went online to Telus to see what they were offering.  I had a bad experience with Telus 15 years ago that went on for months.  We had Telus ADSL in the test period in Steveston, so many years ago, I can't even remember when.  Of course we kept it for years and it was an excellent speed.  At the time we went into the test group, we were told to purchase our own router.  They are not expensive and we weren't concerned.  But, I kept the bill, as I always do.  

We moved from Steveston to Surrey and continued to use Telus internet and Shaw TV.  Our computers were old and we'd moved them.  Our speed was terrible and we put up with it from February to December.  In October, we both bought new computers and obviously it wasn't the computers, it was the provider.  We did a speed test and it wasn't even close to what we were paying for.  I called Telus to see why our speed was so bad and apparently 20 years later ADSL internet was not in our area of Surrey.  We'd paid the premium of this good speed for 10 months and they wouldn't give us any credit.  

I called Shaw and we moved over to their fast service in December.  I didn't cancel my Telus service until January to make sure we were happy with Shaw.  When I phoned Telus to cancel they told me to return my router.  I said "it's my router and I have the invoice".  They said "if you don't return it we will charge you $100.00, take it to the post office and we pay the postage".  This router was old and useless and we were going to recycle it.  What the heck, let's let Telus pay for postage and they can recycle it.  As always, I printed off the proof of delivery in Edmonton of our old router.   Good thing I did because I got a February bill with the $100.00 charge for not returning my email.  

I will never use Telus again.  I went onto their website to compare prices and less than 30 minutes later the phone calls started.  I guess they still have my email or IP address because I've never given them my cell phone number and my cell is with Rogers.


After the second call, I blocked them.  Went I went to my computer today that my cell phone is attached to, it showed all the blocked calls I got!  They never left a voice mail.

Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...