Tuesday, October 8, 2024

BC Provincial Election

Over the years, I've voted for most political parties.  I am not loyal to one party.  I look at the issues and the people running.  In the 1970's I voted for an unknown party.  Their promise of a macrame bridge from the mainland to Vancouver Island was funny and a promise that never would happen.  It was a protest vote because I didn't like any of the people running and I knew they had no chance.  At least I voted.  I've voted in every election.

This election has been on the books for months.  It's less than two weeks away and I haven't got a voting card.  Neither have my friends.  We need to vote this week as we are not in town election day.

I've been waiting for an all candidates meeting.  It's not going to happen.  The news said even when they do happen, the candidates don't show up!  Where are the election signs?  We have three candidates running in Surrey Panorama and so far the Conservatives are the only party that have signs up.  There are no NDP signs driving through Surrey South, Surrey Serpentine River and Surrey Cloverdale!  Usually we are inundated with orange signs.

Watching the TV advertisements from the NDP, they slam the Conservatives and the Conservatives deny their claims.  It reeks of American politics where the country is divided.  I am not happy about either party and the dirty politics that's happening.  

I hope whoever wins, fulfills their promises.  The government we have in now said four years ago they would eliminate Surrey school portables.  The amount of portables has doubled.  

CBC report on Surrey Schools

They are forcing housing on our already crowded community.  Hospitals are overwhelmed and the schools are bursting with portable classrooms taking away playing field space.

They promised a bridge to replace the Massey Tunnel.  - It's never been started and the tunnel is a parking lot at rush hour.

So many other promises from the last election, never fulfilled.   Will the Conservatives do any better?  They have a track record of cutting programs federally.  They are new to BC politics so we really don't know what they will do.  

Hopefully, I will find someone to vote for that will make me feel good about my vote tonight after the television debate is over.  

Leaving on a jet plane

                                All my bags are packed                                    I'm ready to go                               ...