Thursday, July 11, 2024

Time for an Alaskan cruise

I didn't plan a cruise to Alaska this year, but with friends going, we decided to book Cunard's Queen Elizabeth.  It's an 11 night cruise from Vancouver.  Next year the Queen Elizabeth will not berth in Vancouver.  I'm wondering if it's out high port charges.  It will berth out of Seattle, another lost opportunity for our fair city.

Our boarding time isn't until 2 PM today.  I ordered Uber to take us to the port.  I got a $100 gift card for $79 dollars online at Costco.ca.   I've used Uber during many of our travels but never in Vancouver.  

This is our third trip to Alaska on the Queen Elizabeth.  It's my favorite ship to Alaska.  They do longer cruises than the other lines which is nice.  We will go to both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier.  I love the pub, the entertainment and their English High Afternoon Tea.  They don't have the hairy leg contest or annoying photos at dinner.  One perk I enjoy that the other lines don't have is a kettle in your room to make tea and coffee. They relaxed the dress code last year and it's really helped get the North American market who are more relaxed than the Europeans.

The weather looks wet and cool.  It will be a nice change to the heat we are experiencing in Vancouver.


Tupperware

  Tupperware was founded in Orlando, Florida in 1946.  Yesterday they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.  For 78 years they have su...