I never answer calls that aren’t in my phone book on my
cell phone. Waiting to hear from a Dr yesterday,
I answered my cell phone that came up no
name but a local number. The
caller said “Rogers
Marketing”. He will save me 30% on a 1
year special plan. I said “TV and Cable, I have a contract”.
He said “my internet/tv contract would cancel
and this becomes effective”. I listened. I could get an iPhone 17 Pro or Samsung S26 for
free. Pick your colour. I know those are high end phones. He asked how much I
pay Rogers every month. I said “your
with Rogers you should know”. He said “we can’t access this
information as I’m in Marketing”. Then I said
you've got my phone number what’s my address. He repeated phone
number he called me on. That phone is paid for by King of Floors as I
manage the business account. He was calling about my home internet
service and had no idea about any of my personal information! Again he said “I'm with Marketing”...
I yelled scammer and hung up. I’m
so glad!
Today, I saw this on Facebook:
Oh did I ever get scammed this last week!!!!! I got a call from what I thought was Roger’s they convinced me to upgrade my phone. The deal was better my bill was going to be 30 dollars less. I agreed the guy transferred me to sales associate. We discussed it gave info and new phone was shipped to me. The sales guy Peter said call me when you receive so we can activate the promotion. What ever ok if this will save on my bill. So I called him at the number he gave him sounded like a Roger’s line. I called him he had troubles activating the promotion so he sent me return shipping labels to return it and they would ship me a new one asap. I said forget it I don’t want it he apologized said they would credit my account 2 months for trouble. I printed out the labels looked legit and mailed brand new phone right to a scammers hands. I was on hold hours with Roger’s to be told they can’t help I need to call anti fraud Canada. Needless to say I’ll never do business on the phone with a non English first language person again I will think everyone is a scammer. I let my guard down once now I’m out 1900. I don’t know how they managed to place phone order on my actually Roger’s account unless it’s inside job I’m so confused and it’s basically impossible to get answers from Roger’s Share away I don’t want this to happen to anyone else #phonescams #Rogers #rogerscell #iphone
Work says I need to sit in anti fraud class for seniors 😂