I still check Facebook. I get tired of all the advertising and try not to visit sites that are depressing, click bait and sponsored. I really enjoy the pages from communities in the lower mainland. I follow the Burnaby Nostalgia group. They posted this picture of the Burnaby May Day Queen in 1929. My mother's sister Winnifred Jeffery was the May Queen! She is in the middle row second from the left. I recognized her immediately. I forwarded the picture to her daughters. Sometimes Facebook can really surprise you and bring back wonderful memories of special people.
Day 6 - San Francisco Day 2
I just learned that the Star Princess is the largest ship ever to dock at Pier 27 . Hard to believe, considering she didn’t use that pier o...
-
This is the time of year when everyone entertains and your weight can really escalate. Cec and I have been watching our weight since March....
-
I love researching famous women in history. I knew them all but three. Sacagawea: Sacagawea was a Lemhi Shoshone woman who, at age 1...
-
I use Wikipedia all the time. I never knew the story behind it. The fact Jimmy Wales set this up as a non-profit shows what an incredible ...