I started my blog back in 2017, during a memorable visit to the United Kingdom — a trip that included an unforgettable invitation to a garden party at Buckingham Palace. It was the kind of experience that stays with you, not just because of the setting, but because of what it represents. My roots run deep in the UK. All four of my grandparents emigrated from there to Canada, and I’ve always felt a strong connection to both places. I’m proud of my heritage, and equally proud to be Canadian.
When I began blogging, I made a quiet promise to myself: I wasn’t going to turn it into a personal diary or share the private details of my family’s life. That was never the point. I simply wanted to write about things I believe in — stories that matter, moments that are interesting, and current affairs that affect us all. Over time, that intention has shaped the tone of my blog and the community around it.
What keeps me going isn’t numbers or ambition. It’s the emails I receive from friends, relatives, and even strangers who tell me they enjoy what I write. Those messages mean more to me than any commercial venture ever could. I’ve never wanted to sell anything, promote anything, or turn my blog into a business. That’s not who I am, and it’s not why I write.
Still, I was genuinely touched when I looked at my August statistics and saw that 39,710 people visited my blog. I cannot tell who visits my blog, it doesn't really matter to me. For someone who writes simply because she enjoys it, that number feels both humbling and encouraging. It reminds me that there are readers out there who find value in the stories I choose to share.
I owe a special thank‑you to my lifelong friend Janice, who nudged me into blogging all those years ago. She saw something in me — a voice worth sharing — and I’m grateful she did. This little project has become a meaningful part of my life.
And so, I’ll continue to blog for as long as I can. As long as there are stories worth telling, moments worth reflecting on, and readers who find something in my words that resonates with their own lives, I’ll keep writing.
Thank you for being part of this journey.